By entering your details Market Veterinary Centre will be able to provide you with the services you have requested. Whenever you provide personal information, we undertake to treat that information within our policy.
Submitting personal information
When you supply personal information to us at Market Veterinary Centre we have legal obligations towards you in the way that we deal with that information. The individual notices on particular web pages or forms that are given to you will let you know how we will use the information provided and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else.
When you register as a client, book an appointment or join our Pet Wellness Scheme or do any of the points mentioned in our ‘Access to your personal information’ section you will be asked some essential details to complete the process.
These include, your title, first name, surname, address, e-mail address, contact numbers (landline, work and mobile), pet(s) details, holding numbers and occasionally payment details. We ask for these details so that we can –
- provide veterinary care to your pet
- register your details as a new client
- Prevent and detect fraud ( this may include us disclosing information to debt recovery agencies)
- Send you reminders for upcoming appointments, vaccinations, parasite treatment & meetings (you can opt out of this if you would wish)
- Send you marketing for special offers, (you can opt out of this if you would wish)
- If you are a member of our PAWS plan we may contact you regarding payments and upgrades when required
Access to your personal information
We collect your personal information in a number of ways, this could be:
- When you register as a client with us, online and in practice
- Make appointments
- Signing up to our Pet Wellness Scheme PAWS
- Completing credit check forms
- If you book to attend one of our events/meetings
- Visit our website
- Engage with us on social media
- Contact us in any means with a question about a service, product of to raise any concerns or complaint
- Ask a member of our team to e mail you information about a service, product or treatment we offer
- Enter any competitions that we may run
- Microchipping your pets
- Filling in any forms on your behalf, i.e.: insurance claim forms, referral forms
- The use of our car park and premises is covered by CCTV systems which are for the security of our customers and our staff for the prevention of crime. These systems may record your image during your visit.
Information that we may obtain on your behalf from third party sources
On occasions we may request or obtain personal information about you from a third party source, we will only do this where we have checked that these third parties have either your consent or are legally permitted or required to disclose your or your pets information to us. This could be for example us collecting previous history from another veterinary practice or a specialist.
Security of personal information
Your rights with Data Protection
You have the following rights at any time –
- To receive a copy of all personal information we hold of you and your pets
- To access, correct or delete any of your personal information
- You can opt out of marketing communications
If you feel that your personal data has not been handled correctly or if you are unhappy to our response to any requests you have made to us regarding your personal information you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact them on 0303 123 1113 or online at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Users under 18
If you are under the age of 18, please make sure that you obtain your parents/legal guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on the Market Veterinary Centre’s website or by any other means.
Get in touch
Barnstaple : 01271 344262
South Molton: 01769 572176
Farm Department (Office hours only) 01769 575290
Email: email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)